Sunday 26 February 2017

Baby Touch and Feel I Love You (Children's, Board book, 9/10E)

Aww! Bunnies!
January 2017, Dorling Kindersley, 14 pages, Board book, Review copy 

Summary from Dorling Kindersley
Baby Touch and Feel I Love You is a fun DK baby book that helps little ones learn new words. With touchy-feely pictures and word labels, it makes an ideal baby gift. 

Baby Touch and Feel I Love You contains stunning photos with foil or textured areas that expand your baby's senses, while the simple visuals and labels promote language skills. From shiny love hearts beside a little girl hugging her toy to a baby with a fleecy heart on his vest, you can introduce your baby to the concept of love with touch and feel textures.

All this is packed in a handy, small format that's just perfect for preschoolers to hold, and helps develop their fine motor skills.

Nayu's thoughts 
DK This small book is full of cute things all related to love. I like the kittens and teddies the best! They are photos rather than illustrations which will help young readers learn to identify similar objects. The mirror at the back was a nice touch. The book is very sturdy with thick pages that can endure rough handling. 

The only issue I have with the book is fairly significant because it's the touch and feel part. All such parts are smaller than the ones on the front cover, some being barely bigger than a 5p coin. Considering the whole point is to touch things, I feel these parts should have been a lot bigger. A wide selection of textures are used, and I feel if younger readers read this alone their hands may not easily find the feel parts. Apart from this it's an excellent read. 

Suggested read

1 comment:

Alandre said...

I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com