Monday 8 September 2014

What are YOU reading? #234





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


The Cat, The Dog, Little Red, The Exploding Eggs, The Wolf and Grandma's Wardrobe by Diane and Christyan Fox
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A novel & hilarious take on Little Red Riding Hood...)





Disney Where's My Water? Swampy's Official Guide to the Sewers
Children's, Non-Fiction
10E/10E
(A guide to a cute and fun free game [there is in app purchasing]...)





Turning To Jelly by Candy Guard
Children's, 9 years +
8/10
(Style of 'Dork Diaries' but of a struggling teen...)





I'm A Little Alien by James Carter
Children's, Non-Fiction, Poetry
9/10E
(A fair few poems made me smile...)





Jet Black Heart by Teresa Flavin
Young Adult, Dyslexia Friendly
10/10E
(Creepy time-travel drama awaits Dory on holiday...)





Ring of Roses by Mary Hooper
Young Adult, Dyslexia Friendly
10/10E
(Another creepy read, this time no time travel...)





Spies in Disguise: Boy in A Tutu by Kate Scott
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(More hilarious than book 1!)





Splintered Light by Cate Sampson
Young Adult
9/10E
(I managed to figure out the end before it happened which is pretty good going for me!)





Mariella Mystery Investigates the Spaghetti Yeti by Kate Pankhurst
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(No scary poodles in this volume!)





Daisy and the Trouble With Sports Day by Kes Gray
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(Daisy deserves a prize for clever thinking!)






Listened


Claire De Lune by Cassandra Gold
 Children's, 9 years +
 5/10E
(I didn't complete this originally French read because I found it a bit weird, like Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol + the narrator used different voices for each character which ordinarily I don't mind but they weren't voices I could keep listening to.)





Nancy Drew: The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene
Narrated by Laura Linney
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Nancy adventures are full of tense moments but always have a happy end!)









Watched


Holby City
Drama, English version
10/10E
(Brilliant episode apart from the fact 2 characters I liked left!)





Once Upon A Time: Season 2
Drama, English version
9/10E
(As fun as ever but watched too many close together and now need a good break from it...)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Equestria Girls
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(After lending it to a friend I had to watch this sweet movie which always makes me cry at the end & rush off to play the android game.)





Puri/Pri Para
Partial REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This is my current top anime. There may only be 8 episodes out but I'm watching at least 1 a day almost every day!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Mion stole Aira's winning the Chrystal Tiara Cup thunder by making her comeback. Roll on interesting times!)





Aikatsu
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I'm currently debating watching the later episodes alongside the earlier episodes as I haven't seen them as much [& they are more amazing than the awesome early eps]. My love of doing and watching things in order will probably win for now...)





AKB0048
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(It's taken me over 4 times of watching the series to finally squee over Chieri being chosen as an understudy. I always wanted Nagisa to get it! But now I love all the girls!)









Craft, Games and More

This week I can show you the small blanket I made for a friend who looks at my blog a lot. Tada! It was too small for a lap blanket, but I loved the colours and didn't have any more of them. My friend adores it! 



I continued a bit more of a special project blanket...




...and I started on some coasters for a dear friend I haven't seen for yonks who I'm seeing this Saturday.  Well, here's the yarn at least....   :)




I gamed! I know I game every week but this was big console gaming. Going to try & do it 1-2 times a week. 



I restarted for what feels like the umpteenth time Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland for PS3. I'm near the end of the 1st assignment & desperately hoping I pass. Not entirely loving the constant time limits for finding items, but the game is so cute & fun that doesn't stop me giving it the top grade 10E/10E!



Some of you may have seen here on NRC or on Twitter that I accidentally did a factory reset on my Kindle. I lost EVERYTHING. I did feel rather annoyed with myself, but I also found it rather funny as it is so the kind of thing I do – and did! Anyway, I had to restart every game from the beginning. I had the initial 'great, what have I done??!!' reaction, but it turns out the playing may mean as well as leveling up a lot, because I'm having as much fun as the first time of playing. Only this time is better because I know what I'm doing.



My Little Pony by Gameloft
I've restarted this 10E/10E game. The bonus of restarting means I currently don't have a zillion and one parasprites, which is a huge plus, trust me! I'm placing everything a little differently to before, I've got my friend linked to my game again, so I'm happy with that.





Ice Age Village by Gameloft 
...it will be another 4 years until I can even attempt to get back my World Cup football bonycaps who I thought were adorable in this 10/10E game. I'm hoping other special events will make it possible to get other creatures. For now I'm surviving with very few animals, slowly working my way up the levels.






Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft
...this is probably the 10E/10E game I've benefited the most from having to restart. 1st time round I spent a lot of time fulfilling the quests, which used up a lot of bling (which isn't the easiest to come by). This time I'm ignoring the requests (same goes for both Ice Age & My Little Pony but not as much). I'm choosing the houses I want, I'm waiting until I've got more kibble (money) to get the higher value play items, I'm holding out and aiming for a few pets which I adore that eventually I'll be able to get with bling which in the past I'd wasted on animals quests told me to get.





Cooking Dash by Playfirst
...love restarting this one as I enjoy every level of helping Flo cook in this 10/10E game.





Gardens Inc: From Rakes to Riches 
...likewise it is enjoyable restarting this game, as I sort of know what I'm doing now.




No comments: